[Groop] sketches on ebay

Robbie Noordzy salote at optusnet.com.au
Wed May 23 16:47:02 PDT 2007

It certainly makes it difficult for guys like Sergio & Stan who probably
wouldn't even dream of 'making money' out of these sketches they do for
genuine fans.

The sketch of Usagi looked really nice before the scrawl was done - just
totally wrecked it. My kids could have done a better job.

I had the good fortune to be able to help Stan out with an Australian
Phantom trading card he had designed but never received a copy of due to the
company going bust shortly after... I managed to get him & a friend of his a
complete set of the cards each & (without asking) he sent me a really nice
detailed ink drawing (on board) of Usagi, a pre-release softcover version of
his Art of Usagi Yojimbo signed with an even nicer sketch of Usagi in ink
with some sort of blue texta (probably a bit more professional sounding than
a texta), some comments through the book & another doodle at the end and AP
copies of his 2 sketch books signed with doodles.

These sort of things you could make some good money on but being a fan you
know... just doesn't even enter the thinking... actually they don't even get
handled without gloves!

People who sell these things are either desperately poor (& super reluctant)
or just don't care.

My 2 bits.

Robbie