[Groop] Groo Coup!!

Grossmann, Gary (DOR) GaryG at DOR.WA.GOV
Fri Dec 5 17:04:12 PST 2008

Hi Folks!

About 6 months ago, a Groo item I had never seen or heard of before
popped up on ebay.  It was a parochial Anime Fanzine from the early 80's
with a Groo sketch used as a cover.  (Groo being chased by a monster
robot.  The magazine was CFO Magazine, Vol. II, No. 3.

I figured it would go for $25-$30 (afterall, it was a sketch, not a full
blown drawing)  But I put in a bid much, much higher than that and much
to my surprise, I was outbid!  And I thought, well, at least I jacked
the price way up on the guy. (Harumphh!)  Then it turned out that the
other guy was a Groopie; our own Anil!  (Oops! Sorry Anil!)

Naturally, I immediately launched into Search Mode.  I mean, heck, how
hard could it be to track down a 25 year old fanzine produced by a
fledgling local Anime fan club?  Well, it was a little tough.  But a few
weeks ago I struck pay dirt and actually tracked down a mint copy.  Yay!
I also managed to get one for Yoda, my faithful partner in crime.

Now if I could just find one of those Groo Buttons that Chriten made for
the 1988 San Diego convention...

Take care all,

Gary G.