[Groop] Long Post (sort of) from Gary G.

Janet Harriett janet at harriett.us
Tue Feb 19 14:37:13 PST 2008

> Same for Eli and his leaking house.  ME had a similar issue when
> his upstairs plumbing went bad and his kitchen became a bio
> hazard.  (Of course, since I am doing my own cooking this week, my
> kitchen is now a biohazard.)  We had a leak in the roof.
> Fortunately, it was in the part of the roof over the garage.
> Unfortunately, examination revealed the entire roof needed to be
> replaced.  Oh, well, Claire didn't need that senior year of college...

That's exactly how it started with us!  We had a small leak in the
garage near the chimney, then when our roofer got up there and
checked it out, it turned out we might as well replace the whole
thing now, since we were about two stiff gusts away from having to
chase our whole roof down the hill.  At first, I ascribed the mess to
Elie's mother visiting that week, as our house has a documented
aversion to guests (his mother had to have an emergency quadruple
bypass the week after she bought the plane ticket to come see us, and
the latest round of leakage came not 12 hours after my sister
expressed an interest in visiting).  However, on second thought, the
leaky chimney is attached to the fireplace in the family room, the
mantle of which is where we display our Groo PVC figures, Groo
lunchbox, and Groo trading cards.  Could Groo be trying to sink the
house?

Janet